26.2.11

Adelaide

Hello South Australia!


Packing can be really scary! =)



Loves!



Random shot at Changi Airport.

If you're trying to kill boredom then you might as well quit reading now. You might sleep half way reading. So =) xoxo

It's been a week since I'm here in Adelaide. I have to say that today is a HEY PIE day! Well, what happened totally lifted up my mood! Frankly speaking, I had a hard time getting used to the quiet environment here. Maybe I should have chosen to stay in the city. Oh well, it takes less than a minute to reach uni. That's the only benefit I can think of. Like c'mon, can't they at least provide unlimited access to the internet? Or maybe.. a friend to roam around with? Too bad, I haven't met anyone whom I'll give a call and we'll hang out till late night without getting uncomfortable. Orientation day doesn't help AT ALL! It somehow tells me to be prepared that I'm gonna be all alone throughout my final year! Where are all the Asian?! Yea, it was THAT bad! Anyways, my housemate is one nice people. She's a local and sadly, I couldn't really get here sometimes. Okay, she kept going pardon and I kept going excuse me? She talked REALLY fast with her Australian accent (everyone here talks like that, I always wonder how they get each other. Can't they just open their mouth to speak clearly and slower please? *puppy eyes) while for me, whenever I talk, my mind will go like 'can she actually get me?' so I'll definitely say no to jokes incase she went HUH? That's gonna be awkward. Whatever it is, she's awesome! She brought me to the stores to stock up on my very first day of arrival! And, she accompanied me to the city just to show me the bus stops and all. Helpful much? Yes.



This is the housemate, Lauren is the name.
At first, I thought it was Learn, imagine how fast she speaks.
Lauren = Learn. HAHA



The weather is incredibly weird. It was really cold during the first few days. And great, it became really hot since I bought a blanket and quilt. They're in purple and red and they're pretty! HAHA! Okay, whatever. The room smells like hamster (nature) when I just moved in but I've solved it with air freshener! Can I move this current room to KL? It has so much space for everything but I'm only allowed to bring two exploding luggage over. The wardrobe looks sad as it's not fully filled. Guess I should lock myself before spending too much. There's my size for everything I wanted! Boo KL, BOO! TEEHEE! But say Yay KL, YAY after comparing prices. Sad life isn't?



The accommodation.
No, there's no picture of my room.



The back entrance of the Uni.
Guess what, I still couldn't find the main entrance until today!



Found something hilarious!

Speaking of internet connection, there's these 3 URGH thingy that were driving me nuts. Yes, internet connection at home, Australia phone number and opening a bank account! However, two of the above were settled today! I'm glad that I actually push myself to the city on my own today! I went testing my luck all the way, trying to remember the buildings, bus stops and etc. Everything went alright! YAY! Yes, I've met lots of nice people all the way! They saved me from getting a ticket back home before class starts =)



The city.



Rundle Mall.
More like a street to me.

People here seems to look alike! Every guy (teens) looks like Justin Bieber! And most of the girls are blondies! Envy the hair color!! Anyways, I think I'll have hard time recognizing their faces. Well, that's funny because my housemate thinks all Asians look the same! And.. I definitely don't think so. Also, people here are extremely friendly. This applies to people who provide services only. I'm starting to be that well-mannered as well! HEHE! Ermm. Not all of them tho. Sorry to say this but there's one female bus driver who I wish I can really slap em on the face. Going on a bus here doesn't mean that you walk in, sit then someone will come up to you and you'll pay. Here, we have to pay first. So the other day, I put on a hello-I'm-new-here face but she still went 'what do you want? what do you want? what do you want?' Repeating like a freaking parrot! That's .. sniff but it's okay, I met an awesome bus driver today! He taught me of saying student instead of adult when getting a ticket! So I see what's up with the expensive fares I used to get.

Hmm. What else?

O yea! This place is a so-called SNACKS heaven for me!! Whatever that you can and cannot and used to can find in supersave (or supasave?) are all here!! I might as well say goodbye to the diet promises I've made to the people in Brunei. It's almost a crime to say No =)

Last but not least, time moves like gold here! (Masa itu emas) I couldn't imagine how panda-ish I gonna be when assignments start floating in.

I've almost talked about everything!

If you ever ever EVER reach this sentence, I salute you! And not to say, love you to the max!

Wish me luck in life! xoxo






1 comment:

  1. Yea Chabo, I know you love me to the max as always =) It's interesting to read on your story anyway! Good one n please keep this up to keep us updated.

    A very brand new start for you apparently. I am sure everything goes well for you there. Oh yea, I must say, you are growing up too babe =) Wish you the very best for your final year there and take care!

    Loves and hugs.
    P/s: miss u heaps!

    ReplyDelete

 
Whoever. Whatever. Whenever. Wherever. - Free Blogger Templates, Free Wordpress Themes - by Templates para novo blogger HD TV Watch Shows Online. Unblock through myspace proxy unblock, Songs by Christian Guitar Chords